Environment Project in Nepal
The hot issues related to environment in this 21st century around the globe is a gradually changing climate and its negative effective to the human being is to be sensitized in global perspectives through experts and volunteers activities. The activities mainly happen in schools and community people about conserving environment in sustainable manner. In schools the volunteer instruct two to four hours each day(except Saturday) about the negative impact of the climate change such as Mountain and glaciers melting, Mountain Lake out bursting and environment pollution including water, air, sound and garbage pollution to the schools children. The volunteer also teach and make alert about the controlling measures of climate change and environment pollution. For the practical feeling to student, volunteers can take short field trips to children to such places which are contaminated and located near surroundings of community. Another volunteer program is occurred in actual community village by incorporating all youth, adult men and women. These activities are awareness building and practical field work which is done by collaborating volunteers and local community organizations. Volunteers give speech about different environment pollutions of water, air, sound and other garbage to local people specially its long term negative impact and curbing it by local initiatives such as recycling, papers, water, plastic, burning house litters and so on. Likewise, to make environment green various planting activities like building toilet pit, garbage management, smokeless stoves, planting flower tree, fruits trees and other afforesting are held by direct involvement of local women and men. Furthermore the community forest management knowledge is also provided them by local club and volunteers.
Volunteer Responsibilities in Nepal:
– Volunteers can take environmental awareness class at the school for 2 to 4 hours each day, Sunday to Friday.
– Organize the program about awareness about the effect of pollution/global warming by incorporating all youth, adult men and women in the community
– Discuss and give suggestions regarding creating “green” clubs, planting a flower plants, planting trees, garbage management, recycling papers, plastic, water harvesting, making a smokeless stove, building a toilet pit, awareness boards etc.
– Volunteers also can organize forest management programs.
– Volunteers can help community in bringing awareness about cleanliness and sanitation.